Friends of Sheldon Jackson Museum have extended the deadline for proposals for their Winter Zoom Series until Nov. 9th. The Friends are seeking proposals for their Winter Lecture / Culture Share Series to be held on Zoom between late November of 2021 and mid-March of 2022. Speakers are invited to propose to give a 30-45 minute Zoom presentation in one of six categories for the Winter Series. The categories are:
1) Talk on your art form or culture or relevant topic;
2) Traditional Story Telling – share a traditional story or several stories;
3) Provide an art-making demonstration;
4) Teach a traditional dance/ song;
5) Share a traditional Alaska Native recipe and give a cooking demonstration to show how to make the dish;
6) Give a presentation on a topic connected to Alaska Native cultures or interests you have researched for higher education purposes, publications, professional interest, or for your work for tribes, villages or corporations.
Speakers will be given an honorarium of $100.
The new deadline to apply is Nov. 9th.
To apply, get the application online at: https://lam.alaska.gov/sjm-events or call (907) 747-8981 and request an application or send an email to Jacqueline.Fernandez-Hamberg@Alaska.gov with the subject “Winter Lecture/Culture Share.” You will be sent a short form to fill out and submit.