Learn how to paint formline designs with Tsimshian artist Abel Ryan of the Alaska Native Artist Residency Program. There is no age limit (though probably not appropriate for ages 4 and under). No limit to number of students. No cost to take class. Material list is below – please have these things ready the day of the class.
To join the class via Zoom, click here.
Materials students need to have at the ready for the class include:
- Plain paper (sketch pad or copy paper is fine)
- Watercolor paper or acrylic paper (i will be using Strathmore watercolor paper, 9″x12″ 90lb. Comes in a 15 sheet tablet)
- Acrylic paint: black, red, turquoise
- Brushes: #6 round, #2 or #3 round
- 3H drawing pencil
- Small pallet tray for paint.